Loose Tire Mulch
- Loose mulch made from shredded tire-waste and used in playgrounds
- Plant-based infills
- The most common example is a shredded cork and/or coconut husks.
- Poured-in-place playground materials
- A tufted plastic carpet on a base layer (usually stone)
- usually "infilled" with a granular material (most often pulverized waste tires) between the blades.
- Abbreviation for synthetic turf
- Synturf, synthetic turf and artificial turf can be used interchangeably.
Turf (i.e. turfgrass)
- "Grass and the surface layer of earth held together by its roots." - Oxford English Dictionary
- Turf is used to refer to grass fields (turfgrass) as well as artificial fields (synthetic turf).