- Players surface experience varies by global region
- Footwear choice varies with surface and also between playing positions and age
- Players perceive pitch properties to be more variable on ‘football turf’ surfaces compared to natural turf
- Players perceive the injury risk to be higher on football turf pitches than on natural grass, although the reported injuries are associated to soreness and fatigue, rather than muscular tears or fractures.
- Styles of play are seen as being changeable on different surfaces and a level of adaptation is required.
- 59% of players have had no experience of playing on football turf